June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA: Q&A Session


Wonderful logo designed by Nina


As you guys probably know, this week the BookExpo America (BEA) and BEA Bloggers Conference are taking place in New York. And for all of us unable to attend, there’s Armchair BEA, a virtual convention that’s an incredible opportunity for book bloggers and readers to connect.

Today Armchair BEA is kicking off with a Q&A designed to get to know the participant bloggers. Before I leave you to it, make sure to visit the official site to get the more information, find out which other blogs are participating and take note of all the upcoming events and giveaways.


Q. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

My name is Brie, I’m 27 years old and I’ve been blogging along with my friend Marie for over a year now. I got into blogging -and I bet this answer will be repeated a lot- because I wanted to talk about books and sadly none of my friends were readers, so blogging was the perfect solution to my reading loneliness. Before that, I used to read (and still do) lots of review blogs, and I decided that reviewing was the best way to take on blogging. 

Q. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?

My favorite feature are reviews, which is the blog’s main focus. I also really enjoy writing opinion posts and of course, anything that has to do with author interaction, like interviews and guest post. But reviews is what I love doing the most, closely followed by opinion posts, although those take more time to write so I don’t do them as often. 

Q. Where do you see your blog in five years?

Hopefully, right where it is now! We have a steady, albeit small, traffic; regular, sporadic and lurker readers that are the blog’s heart and whose tastes I’ve come to know based on their comments (and that make me happy when, once in a while, decide to comment); and a great relationship with a few authors, publishers and publicists that offer us their books for review and their time in interviews and guest posts. 

I’m happy with our readers and with the quality of the content we provide. My aim is to improve that quality and add more diverse and interesting content to keep our readers coming for more and maybe attract new ones. Although increasing our numbers is not our focus, if it happens great, if not, that’s fine too.

Q. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?

My favorite part is, of course, reader interaction. Talking about books makes me happy, and the only thing better than that is meeting fellow passionate readers. It can be on my blog, on their blogs, on Twitter or Goodreads, it doesn’t matter where.

Q. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?

Not at all! Our main, and only focus, are Romance novels, and that’s what I love reading. I’ve discovered new authors but all within the genre. I think, maybe I read more YA than I used to, and that’s because of all the great YA Blogs out there, but that’s it. One year is, perhaps, too short a period of time to change reading tastes, so ask me again in a few years.

Thank you for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. I love being able to interact with readers and writers through blogs! It makes life so much more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love romance too and my main reading is still that (well that and mysteries but I love those too). My reading has changed in that I read more than one book at a time--that never happened before LOL

    I love you guys! I am a "lurker" but I am always around here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Felicia! You're one of the first bloggers we met so I'm glad to hear you're a lurker. And there's always Twitter for more direct interaction ;-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it interesting how we blog about books because there are so few readers in our 'real' lives? My mother is one of the few that I know, and so this venue is really a wonderful one to explore. Happy BEA Week! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents are big readers, but they are snobbish and laugh at my taste. Oh well, they don't know what they're missing!

      Nice to meet you too ;-)

      Delete
  4. So refreshing to find another romance lover! My blog isn't all romance, but probably 50% of my reading is. I'll definitely have to stop by again and browse more when I'm not trying to visit a couple hundred people!

    You can find my intro post here: http://bookslistslife.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-introduction-lisa-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that I really love reader interaction! It's always so awesome when people comment on a review, and a discussion starts from there. Definitely really awesome! I personally like to read opinion posts, I think it's so interesting to see what people think about different things. I definitely need to start doing those on my blog!

    It was fabulous to get to know you! Have fun during BEA. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say Armchair BEA, but of course, I didn't type the Armchair part. *face palm*

      Delete
    2. Yep I realized that when I looked around and I wasn't in New York *grins*

      Delete
  6. Good to find someone else who also started reading more YA since blogging! I also love romances and am so glad to have found another romance blog to haunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to have discovered your blog! Lately I've been getting really into romance novels (thank you, Fifty Shades!) so I look forward to keeping up-to-date with your blog.

    ~ Sophie
    http://www.lifebetweenpages.net/2012/06/armchair-bea-book-bloggers-conference.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sophie! Romance is great so I'm always up to discuss some great books. Stop by any time ;-)

      Delete
  8. Sadly, my bestfriends are not readers. But yes, you're right about reader interaction. Definitely gratifying especially after you make a review you spent hours making.

    Happy Armchair BEA to you!
    My Introduction

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each of the books I read need to have a bit of romance otherwise I quickly lose interest.

    I completely agree about reader interaction! none of my 'real life' friends are readers so it is such a great way to get to know others with the same passion.

    My Interview - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/armchair-bea-introduction.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely Armchair BEA introduction, Brie! I guess it's true that most bloggers started because they craved a place where they could share their thoughts on books with other similar-minded readers. I always marvel at how a passion for reading {romance} can bring people all over the world so close together. I value many of the friends I made online through blogging as much as many "real life" friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy I found your blog! I love your reviews and I love stalking you on Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stumbled upon your blog via Armchair BEA intro posts.. I'm trying to go to every single one. And I'm so glad that I found your blog. It's so lovely and I'm excited to wander around your blog and twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger likes to eat comments, so I suggest copying it before hitting "publish" just in case it doesn't go through the first time. This is a pain, I know, but it's the only solution/prevision I can think of, and it will save you the frustration of losing a comment. Also, thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FTC Disclaimer

The books reviewed here were purchased by us. If the book was provided by the author or publisher for review, it will be noted on the post. We do not get any type of monetary compensation from publishers or authors.